[PD] Sample loop - start and end point (WAV files)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Feb 12 09:31:19 CET 2020

On 12.02.20 01:21, Christof Ressi wrote:
> To be clear: I agree that Pd probably shouldn't support MP3 or other
> compressed audio formats by itself, it should just make it easy to add
> such support as plugins.

totally.
i've been talking with dan about this, and we kind of came up with the
start of an "architecture" to allow other decoding/encoding backends.

to keep expectations low:
this mainly started to get rid of a lot of boiler-plate code in the
current implentation, and the "architecture" is currently only a struct
(so dan is probably loughing himself silly when i call it
"architecture"), and it only supports uncompressed formats, but that
could  very easily be extended.

fgamsdr
IOhannes