[PD] Sample loop - start and end point (WAV files)

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 11:24:02 CET 2020

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:56 AM Kjetil Matheussen
<k.s.matheussen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:14 AM Ingo <ingo at miamiwave.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Dan!
> >

> > They must be embedded in the "Marker Chunk" in AIFF and in the "Cue Point Chunk" in the WAV format.
> >
> > This gives me a further idea for searching on.
> >

> Yes, loops are usually defined as "Loop Start" and "Loop End" cues,

Hmm, or maybe they are usually defined in the "smpl" chunk, I don't remember...

But here's the code to get loop data from a wav file in radium:
https://github.com/kmatheussen/radium/blob/master/audio/Sampler_plugin_wav_parse.c#L253

First it checks if there is a loop in the "smpl" chunk. If there isn't
loop data there, it checks for "Loop Start" and "Loop End" cues.