[PD] (Tcl) invalid command name message

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Feb 15 20:52:12 CET 2020

On 2/15/20 6:18 PM, andre rc wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the quick reply!
> I did: sudo apt-get install gem-plugin-vlc
> that's the backend you're talking about?

??
afaict py was not talking about any specific plugin (rather that you
should find our which one works best *for you*, by eliminating those
that dont.
(and since you use 'apt' for installing Gem and it's plugins, you should
just remove the various 'gem-plugin-*' packages to test things, rather
than move files around as was suggested)

in any case: gem-plugin-vlc is most likely *not* what you are looking
for, as this only works with [pix_video]: you can use it to open films,
but it doesn't allow for seeking and the like.

in general, GMERLIN is the "best" plugin for film playback.
you might also have luck with the quicktime4linux plugin (gem-plugin-lqt).

fdmsae
IOhannes