[PD] [r pd-dsp-started] was: Re: samplerate~

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Feb 19 00:10:48 CET 2020

> If DSP is on, you get a bang. If it's off, you won't.
Yes, that's pretty much expected, I guess. After all, it's not
[savebang] ;-)
> Perhaps [r pd-dsp-started] should only send bangs when dsp starts or
> stops, and not when the dsp graph is redrawn.
When the DSP graph gets rebuilt, DSP *does* stop and start (again).
> even though I do understand that, for a tiny moment, the dsp needs to
> be off behind the scenes
It doesn't matter how much time passes between stopping and starting
DSP, the point is that the DSP graph has or might have changed and
"pd-dsp-started" will report it.

> If, say, you want to send one and only one bang to [switch~] so as to
> graph tables when DSP starts
What do you consider a "real" start of DSP?

Actually, I'm rather asking myself whether it's necessary that saving
triggers a rebuilt of the DSP graph...

Christof