[PD] raw mouse

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 14:03:08 CET 2020

Em qua., 26 de fev. de 2020 às 09:56, michael strohmann <
itsnotfair9 at gmail.com> escreveu:

> hi,
>
> i am stuck, trying to get raw mouse data in to pd.

Hi, there's no way to do this with vanilla yet, so you need externals.

> was succesfull in pd-extended with hans steiners HID objects, but i cant
> make them work in vanilla (preferrably on a raspberry...)

I never used that so I wouldn't know what the problem would be. Other
externals are: [cyclone/mousestate], [else/mouse] and [else/canvas.mouse].

> or is there a different method nowadays, to get mouse-speed and direction
> unconstrained by screen size ?

I don't understand what you mean by "unconstrained by screen size"

> [MouseState] stops once the end of the screen is reached….

You seem to have an older version of cyclone, try using the latest and
create the object as [mousestate]. I also don't understand what would be
the issue with it, but if you think it is not working as it should, please
open an issue at https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone