[PD] Unity and libpd with more than 2 channels distortion

ffdd cchh camarafede at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 22:55:28 CET 2020

Hi everyone,

We are trying libpd with Unity as suggested here:
https://github.com/playdots/UnityPd . We are on Macos Catalina. The problem
sounds like sampling rate mismatch, or block size distortion, and only
occurs when more than 2 channels (i.e., quad, surround 5.1, 7.1, etc) are
set on both Unity and the Audio MIDI Setup. We are using a recent Motu
interface, and everything is set to 44.1 (Pd, Unity, and macos preferences)

We tested using pd synthesis as well as a 4-channel audio playback (i.e.,
using [readsf~ 4]) and we have the same issue on both.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated!

Best,

(ps. posted this on the libpd issues as well
https://github.com/libpd/libpd/issues/286)