[PD] MIDI woes (with and without Sensel Morph) Linux ALSA MIDI

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Sat Feb 29 21:00:32 CET 2020

Hi list,

I have some issues which I came across using a Sensel Morph with MIDI.
Pd seems to stall frequently for no apparent reason.

So I played around with the issue until I managed to get a reproducible
setup with only two instances of Pd sending MIDI Control values from one
instance to another. The fascinating thing is that it runs nicely for
hours. However just closing the sending patch can freeze the receiving
Pd instance.

An animated Gif of the problem can be found here:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/895

Any ideas how to remedy the situation?
unfortunately the Sensel morph external doesn't seem ready yet.
https://github.com/sensel/PD-objects

M.