[PD] what happens when you send signals between 0..1 instead -1..1 to dac?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Mon Mar 2 01:21:10 CET 2020

Hi,

software like Pd or jack doesn't care because it's not forbidden to send
only positive or even constant values. You might use your DAC to send
control voltages for a modular synthesizer, for example. Most audio
interfaces, however, apply some kind of highpass filter to the outputs
to get rid of very low frequencies, but there are some "DC coupled"
audio interfaces which pass the output unchanged. If you use such an
interface with speakers, you have to be careful :-) But then again, you
speakers might actually have a highpass filter...

Personally, I like to play it safe and add a [hip~ 5] as a DC filter
before my [dac~] :-)

Christof