[PD] cursor in array pd50 vs pd48

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 14:58:43 CET 2020

I'll start by assuming "impossible to work with" means the functionality works but you can't see the array point behind the vertical double arrow cursor while moving it.

The cursors are set in pd-gui.tcl in the init_for_platform proc. You can changing ::cursor_runmode_thicken to an arrow.

The cursor code in the TCL hasn't changed since at least 9-10 years, so maybe you are seeing a difference between Tk versions.

> On Mar 21, 2020, at 2:19 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:19:40 +0100
> From: rolfm at dds.nl <mailto:rolfm at dds.nl>
> To: Pd list <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: [PD] cursor in array pd50 vs pd48
>
> hi
>
> (windows 10)
>
> just now i encountered a difference in cursor behavior in Pd 50 vs Pd 48
> .
>
> attached is a picture when using the cursor in a graph.
>
> cursor 1: not pointing to a line in the graph - in both Pd's the same
>
> cursor 2: Pd48 pointing to a line (and possibly changing it)
>
> cursor 3: Pd50 idem
>
> cursor 3 is impossible to work with when one wants to change something
> in the graph,
>
> or even using it for reading a position in the graph.
>
> the array-in-datastructures-help can be used to illustrate this.
>
> how to change this?
>
> rolf

--------
Dan Wilcox