[PD] Changing Send/Receive Names After Instantiation

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Wed Mar 25 22:16:24 CET 2020

Christof Ressi wrote:
> Check out the following discussion on GitHub:
> https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/604
>
> TL;DR: if you unbind a symbol from a receiver while sending to the
> symbol, Pd can crash because you modify the bind list while iterating
> over it.
>
> Personally, I've been using [iem_receive] in some projects and didn't
> run into problems, but only because I avoid the case described above.

Thanks Christof for the explanation !

@IOhannes: i think this should be noted in the helpfile.

> Dynamically destroying objects is even more dangerous ;-)

Bummer ... another thing i do quite often ;-)

Since i am not a programmer: how would i decode that twinkle emoji in
your sentence ?

does it mean:

a.) be happy that you survived so far, because you're really on mined
territory here ...

b.) i know it's not encouraged, but as long as you don't tell anybody ...

sorry ... getting a little anxious these days ...   ;-)

best

oliver