[PD] including bpm info to midi-recording

Jakob Laue jakkesprinter at web.de
Wed Apr 1 17:59:58 CEST 2020

Hey list,
I have a patch that plays melodies with midi notes. The patch also records the melodies into midi files for later use.

The recording is done with [midiformat] and [seq] from the cyclone-library, like this

|60[

[makenote 100 500]
|       |
|       |
[pack f f]

[midiformat]

[seq]

[seq] receives "record" , "stop record" and "write" messages for recording and saving the midi files.

My problem is that when I copy the recorded midi file into a daw, the melody's tempo and onsets do not match with the metronome in the daw. Do you know if there is a way to somehow capture the bpm of the melody in pd into the recorded midi-file? The [seq] object knows a [tick[ message, but I have not figured that out yet. I definitely could calculate a bpm from my [metro] in the patch, but I don't know how to get that into the midi-recording.

Maybe someone of you has already dealt with this?! :-)

Thanks!
Jakob