[PD] Pd/Preferences/Path ...

Francis Dérive francisderive at me.com
Sun Apr 5 17:33:20 CEST 2020

Hi all,

Recurrent ascension to PD (-050-2) from all-around PD.

I had mentioned  in Pd/Preferences/Path… the location of Pd externals where I wanted them to be - that is away from the Pd application package - would its “/Resources/extras” be conserved with installed libraries - when installing a new Pd version ?

Anyway using Help/Find Externals, I was obliged to direct myself the install to where I wanted it to be, because the location I found mentioned was not prepared to be the one I had mentioned in the Pd Prefs.

So the install went fine.

Anyway, going back to the “Pd search path [why not “paths"...] for objects, help, fonts, and other files” of Pd/Preferences/Path… I never keep effectives indications because they are not remembered and/or are overwritten.

Example :

Commencing downloading of:
http://puredata.info/Members/porres/software/else/1.0beta27/else[v1.0beta27](Darwin-amd64-32).dek
Into /Applications/PURE-DATA/Pd/externals...
[deken]: Successfully unzipped else[v1.0beta27](Darwin-amd64-32).dek into /Applications/PURE-DATA/Pd/externals.
[deken]: Added else to search paths

Pd-050-2 lay beside Pd/externals inside this Applications/PURE-DATA.

May I ask where deken added "/Applications/PURE-DATA/Pd/externals” to search paths ? (The “DISABLED” was mine, empty External Install Directory was mine (before was application-package “extras”), and Pd search was /Applications/PURE-DATA/Pd/externals but went empty Preferences/Path… is no use ?

Thanks a lot for this ride,