[PD] Question on [signmund~] tracks with 0 amplitude

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 23:29:35 CEST 2020

Hello list,

I'm trying out [sigmund~], and wanted to confirm something related to
results I'm getting. When using the patch
doc/4.data.structures/14.partialtracer (and also a derivate patch of mine),
I get lots of tracks with 0 amplitude as result of the analysis.
The settings are [sigmund~ -t -npts 1024 -npeak 40 -maxfreq 8000 peaks
tracks] in the help file, and [sigmund~ -t -npts 2048 -npeak 200 tracks] in
my patch.

When comparing the result of the analysis with a spectrogram of the sample,
the frequency content does match - the tracks with 0 amplitude don't exist
in the sample, i.e. they're silence.

My doubt is, is it normal to have tracks with 0 amplitude? Or is there
something wrong with the analysis settings?
(if these tracks are a derivative of [sigmund~], that's fine, I can filter
and delete them afterwards)

Best,

jmmmp