[PD] [PD-announce] vstplugin~ v0.3.3 bug fix release!

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 13 03:21:32 CEST 2020

Minor compiler fix if you're only using VST2:

void PluginInfo::setUID(const char *uid){
#if USE_VST3
    type_ = PluginType::VST3;
    char buf[33];
    for (int i = 0; i < sizeof(TUID); ++i){
        // we have to cast to uint8_t!
        sprintf(buf + 2 * i, "%02X", (uint8_t)uid[i]);
    }
    buf[32] = 0;
    uniqueID = buf;
    memcpy(id_.uid, uid, 16);
#endif
}

... and, it wasn't obvious to me that I needed to have static libc++
installed (I got the error "-lstdc++: not found" or some such but had
to dig for a while to see that it was the _static_ version that was missing.)
I'm not sure why it's necessary to use the static version at all, but it
might help some future user if that was mentioned as a dependency somewhere.

Meanwhile, bravo - this is a really good thing.

cheers
Miller