[PD] AoO Coming Out: Audio over OSC - Message based

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sat Apr 18 17:49:17 CEST 2020

Hi, thanks for testing!

> What is the DLL-timefilter?
This is a delay-locked-loop (DLL) which estimates the *real* samplerate
based on the system time (which is different from the nominal samplerate
of the audio device). This allows us to dynamically resample audio
coming from another machine, so you can stream over long time periods
and still stay in sync. We currently have an installation running for 6
weeks non-stop.
>   Why resending of lost packages doesn't work?

I think this is just a spurious error message coming from the fact that
on Windows, UDP packets can arrive out of order *even on localhost* if
they are sent in fast succession. Packet reordering is actually handled
in the library, so this is not a problem. Unless you *hear* the dropped
packet, everything's fine. I think the error should already be gone in
the latest develop version:

Win32: https://git.iem.at/cm/aoo/-/jobs/11496/artifacts/download

Win64: https://git.iem.at/cm/aoo/-/jobs/11497/artifacts/download

If you still have problems, please create an issue on
https://git.iem.at/cm/aoo/-/issues.

Christof