[PD] Number Boxes, Sliders, Symbols - strange behavior (no graphic update)

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:56:13 CEST 2020

Hi,
Ingo reported that "
For those who are interested what the issue was:
I was moving a window with [hcs/sysgui] automatically during startup.
When the window is visible everything is ok.
When the window is hidden with [*** vis 0( most graphical objects mentioned
above stop updating their graphics.
I. e. a slider sends the values but the slider stays graphically at the
default setting that it had during creation.
Now I'm moving windows with [hcs/sysgui] only when they are visible and it
works again."

Now I'm on Windows10 running pd 0.50.1, not using [hcs/sysgui]. I use
the zoom feature since I would need a microscope to view the patch
(well not quite -- the letter 'F' in 'File' on the menu of the main Pd
window is 1.38mm high).
Anyway, the graphics freeze, in that bot types of number boxes,
arrays, radio buttons, etc.  don't update on the screen although they
remain functional otherwise.
Buttons still flash when banged via the patch or by clicking, but not
much else works. This seems to happen after the screen blanks but I'm
not sure if that's the cause since it takes a while before it happens.

Martin