[PD] Sub process crash on rpi

Andrew Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:14:57 CEST 2020

Hi!

Are there any known issues with sending high data rate messages to sub
processes on raspberry pi in pure data 0.48?

My MIDI foot pedal board has two pedals. The one that drives a network in
in the parent process causes no issues. The one that gets passed to two
child subprocesses causes a lockup when the position of the pedal changes
too suddenly. Some other notes:

 - Using buster.
 - I've tried inserting a speed limit in the parent patch, before the data
gets sent to the child processes.
 - in the journal, xrun warnings continue as the audio sustains some small
number of samples.

Any suggestions on what this might be, and how to fix it appreciated...

Cheers