[PD] problem with connecting to Arduino

rolfm at dds.nl rolfm at dds.nl
Fri Apr 24 20:22:21 CEST 2020

Martin Peach schreef op 24-04-2020 19:44:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 1:34 PM <rolfm at dds.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Martin Peach schreef op 24-04-2020 18:51:

>> (with the regular UNO this behavior doesn't happen)
>> i'm not sending anything at startup.
>> this is what [info) gives:
>>
>> print: open 1
>> print: port 5
>> print: baud 9600
>> print: dsr 0
>> print: cts 0
>> print: parity 0
>> print: stop 1
>> print: data 8
>> print: rtscts 0
>> print: xonxoff 0
>> print: hupcl 1
>> print: rxerrors 0
>>

> Here I  get the same thing with a functional device except I have cts
> 1. Do you get that with the UNO?
> You could try sending [dtr 1(  or [rtscts1( and [rts 1( to see if it
> wants some hanshaking.
>
> Martin

wow, [dtr 1( did the trick!
what does it mean?
can i do this also when there's no problem like with the regular UNO?
(because the Pd patches are running on different machines with different
boards)

@antoine
i was wrong about (in use)
when 2 Pd's have a comport connection [info(  gives this:
4 - COM4 (in use)
5 - COM5 (in use)

rolf