[PD] how to change font?

mick mengucci misturapura at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:10:08 CEST 2020

Hello,
I have problem with the font of my Pd. I have installed Pd 0.50.2 and the
font it is using is Courier 10 instead of Deja Vu Sans Mono. So I get this:
*WARNING: Font family 'DejaVuSansMono.ttf' not found, using default
(Courier 10 Pitch)*

Not a big deal but I would like to understand why and how to have it right.
I teach so I would like my students to see I use the same font as them ;)
The funny thing is that I had this problem, I deleted all directories I
could find about Pd, did:
*sudo apt-get --purge remove puredata*
*sudo apt-get autoremove*
*sudo apt-get --purge remove puredata-core* (because with *dpkg list* and
it was still there*)*
Then I reinstalled this version of Pd, compiled from here
http://msp.ucsd.edu/Software/pd-0.50-2.src.tar.gz
<https://www.google.com/url?q=http://msp.ucsd.edu/Software/pd-0.50-2.src.tar.gz&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1588244565555000&usg=AFQjCNHgBYMjxM-j3AHvu1vZfm5zN7KhMw>

then compiled with
*./autogen.sh*

*make *
*sudo make install*

Then on top of this I tried
*sudo apt-get install fonts-dejavu*
with no effect, in the terminal I read it is already there in the *font
folder.*

I add a screenshot just to show how it looks and that I have the font files
in the font directory.

[image: image.png]

Thanks for any advice
--