[PD] how to change font?

mick mengucci misturapura at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:36:00 CEST 2020

Tank you very much for your response.
I am not experienced in installing Pd on Linux. It is the first time I did
it by myself with the help of a friend remotely.
He advised me to use the link I showed you. I don't mind to explore a
different package.

Which one should I choose? I am looking here

https://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/puredata/

I use Xubuntu 16.04
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial

on a 64bit Asus

Thanks for your attention

IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> escreveu no dia quarta, 29/04/2020
à(s) 17:00:

> On 4/29/20 1:10 PM, mick mengucci wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have problem with the font of my Pd. I have installed Pd 0.50.2 and the
> > font it is using is Courier 10 instead of Deja Vu Sans Mono. So I get
> this:
> > *WARNING: Font family 'DejaVuSansMono.ttf' not found, using default
> > (Courier 10 Pitch)*
> >
> > Not a big deal but I would like to understand why and how to have it
> right.
> > I teach so I would like my students to see I use the same font as them ;)
> > The funny thing is that I had this problem, I deleted all directories I
> > could find about Pd, did:
> > *sudo apt-get --purge remove puredata*
> > *sudo apt-get autoremove*
> > *sudo apt-get --purge remove puredata-core* (because with *dpkg list* and
> > it was still there*)*
> > Then I reinstalled this version of Pd, compiled from here
> > http://msp.ucsd.edu/Software/pd-0.50-2.src.tar.gz
>
> any reason why you don't use the Debian package of Pd-0.50-2?
> if you are using Debian/buster, there are backports [1] available.
>
> and make sure to have the 'fonts-dejavu' package installed.
>
> grdsa
> IOhannes
>

> [1] https://backports.debian.org/

MKSTURA.EU