[PD] VU / Peak Meter ? - external or abstraction

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon May 4 20:36:40 CEST 2020

Em seg., 4 de mai. de 2020 às 15:20, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> That's exactly how the big analog consoles do it.

well, that changes things :)

> Or maybe there is a
> decay, but a much quicker one, whereas for the peak there is a even a
> short hold time.

sorry, "a even a short hold time"?

You can't have proper peak detection using [env~]. It will always
> calculate an rms value.

Sure, hence it's a variation, which takes into account the peak, not RMS.

My idea was in fact to propose this as a second output for [env~]

but anyway, seems [slop~] is doing the trick now and that what I thought
was bad was actually how things work, so all I can say is that we could
make a better/proper example on how to feed both RMS and peak into [vu]