[PD] live audio broadcast (radio) to lan with low latency

info at hansroels.be info at hansroels.be
Mon May 11 10:33:51 CEST 2020

hello,

I've been making in situ performances in the last five years with this
kind of live audio broadcasts. My experience in pre-corona times was:

  * that old-fashioned solutions (such as FM or silent disco) are the
    most reliable BUT some mobile phones don't have FM radios any more &
    (younger) people often have no experience with FM radio.
  * I also looked for internet (browser-based) or LAN solutions but
    there are always large latencies (> 500ms); the only solution would
    be to ask participants to install a specific app or program but
    asking this to passers-by or 'random' participants creates new
    problems...

Two years ago I was also emailing about network audio with people from
Cleanfeed, a small company. They seemed to offer a nice solution and I
tried their system for a few months. But at that moment their service
didn't provide a one-to-all broadcast, it was a system to provide fast
and high-quality audio over the internet via browsers (for example for
radio interviews).
https://cleanfeed.net/

I don't have any experience with Audio over OSC, hopefully this could be
a solution...?

best, Hans