[PD] profiling patches and benchmarking platforms for Pd

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Wed May 13 23:18:40 CEST 2020

Hi list,

I'm sure someone has thought about this before:

1. Profiling Pd patches.
How do you go about if you want to find out which part of your patch is
using how much of the resources? Is there a better way then looking at
the CPU meter and deleting some parts?

2. Benchmarking platforms for Pd.
If I want to compare different platforms (armv7 vs. amd64 for example)
It would be interesting to know the limits of each platform and maybe if
certain operations are more costly on one platform then on the others
due to hardware optimizations. I'm imagining a patch running some
measurements and writing me a textfile out, which I can then compare and
make nice benchmark graphs from. ;)

A standardized approach for both would be cool, so that results are
comparable.

Yesterday I thought there was a Pdcon paper about exactly this but
either I'm imagining that or I just could not find it now.

M.