[PD] Searching for app development assistance

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Sat May 16 21:42:08 CEST 2020

Dear list,

I want to port a patch into an app in both android and iOS systems. As I
have no experience with this and I don't have enough time to research these
topics on my own, I'm looking for someone to prepare the structure on which
the development can be made - which I would then take over.

To my knowledge, this would involve the following topics (probably also
others, of which I'm not aware):
- the patch already exists, so only the mobile implementation is necessary
- 4 or 5 externals need to be compiled for both OSs (if their licenses
allow it).
- choosing an adequate gui engine - if possible, compatible with both
android and iOS in both smartphones and tablets.
- bundling the GUI and the pd patch into a package
- setting up virtual and real testing
- registering the app with google and mac stores
- advice on social media and app promotion methods/plattforms

I work with windows, so the topics above would have to work in this.

If you're interested in this, please write a couple of lines to
jmmmpais at gmail.com, indicating your previous experience, and an estimate of
the costs. I can also provide concrete details which aren't mentioned here.

Someone living in Berlin would be of advantage, but not a requirement, as
these days isolation is the norm.

Best regards,

João Pais