[PD] loading externals on Debian (was Re: Py/pyext not recognized...)

Jakob Laue jakkesprinter at web.de
Mon May 18 22:22:01 CEST 2020

Hey IOhannes,
sorry for stumpling in here. If it is not okay, I will open a new thread.
I have a question regarding your statement '[declare -path XY]'.
I have trouble loading the mrpeach-library on startup and mrpeach comes with multiple binaries (at least here on my mac, downloaded from deken).
I tried "-path /path/To/MrPeach" in the command line preferences and I also specified the path to mrpeach in the search path preferences. When I have both of the latter, in a new patch I can create e.g. [midifile] and it works. But when I add a "-lib mrpeach" in the command line preferences, I always get "mrpeach: can't load library" on startup. But I can still create objects from it. I mean, I can use the objects, but I don't get an overall init-message on startup, which makes me think that someting is not set correctly. Also, pd seems not to be able to find the help files for mrpeach-objects. Right-clicking [midifile] and selecting "help" gives "sorry, couldn't find help patch for "midifile-help.pd"" in the console.

Do you have an idea what I could try to do?
Thank you,
Jakob

PS. Your user name is the best! :-D