[PD] [GEM] output gemwin to video file workaround using ffmpeg on macos

ffdd cchh camarafede at gmail.com
Thu May 28 22:33:41 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to grab the OpenGL stream with ffmpeg and save to a video
file? If so, could anyone point in the right direction as to how to capture
the stream opened by Gem?

The reason I ask this is that I am looking for ways to render video frames
to a file and I have not managed a good result using neither [pix_record]
nor [pix_writer].

With [pix_record] I have systematically tried all codecs and colorspaces
and I had no luck.

With [pix_writer], I did manage high quality frames with the correct
colorspace which I then concatenated into a video (with ffmpeg). The
drawback I have with [pix_writer] is the time it takes to write, which
really complicates audio and video synching.

Thanks!!

Fede
--
fdch.github.io