[PD] doc upated (was Re: Pd 0.51-0 test 1 released)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri May 29 03:33:01 CEST 2020

Em qui., 28 de mai. de 2020 às 21:51, Alexandre Torres Porres <
porres at gmail.com> escreveu:

> That particular PR is closed and is now replaced for a cleaner one, see
> https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1037
>
> I only have documentation updates in it for things that are already in Pd,
> so it's just fixing documentation issues, adding missing information,
> adding examples, and mentioning new functionalities. That would have to be
> looked into even if this was just a "0.50-3" bug fix release ;)

not to hijack the issue, what I have to say about the updates I made is
that what needs for carefulness and discussion is that last two commits,
where I'm pressuring we change the way we make an example on how to use
slop~ to report peak level, and also changes to out1~ abstraction.

One other thing is that I made some changes in the other help files and I
put "updated for 0.51-0" but not because the object itself changed. Let me
explain, I'm using examples where I can now use a backslash in a message
box to escape a space symbol. This wasn't working in Pd 0.50-2, it's a bug
that just got fixed, before Pd wouldn't save the backslash in the message
box. Anyway, I thought this did count for an update for 0.51-0 because this
couldn't be done before. But I'm not sure this is good as it might lead
people to believe the object itself changed. I don't really know what's the
policy for this "updated for" warnings, do they reflect that only the
object changed or also if the documentation went though a major overhaul?

cheers