[PD] compiling pd-0.51-0test2 on mac os 10.14.6

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sat May 30 18:53:44 CEST 2020

> i managed to produce an “ordinary” Pd-0.51.0 app…at least something :-)
yay!
> If you want to build a 64 bit Pd, perform the same steps and use the build-mac64
64-bit here means the CPU architecture. On a modern Mac, you will get a
64-bit Pd by default when you type "make".

But you're asking about single VS double precision, which is not related
to the CPU architecture at all. In fact, you can have a single precision
64-bit Pd and a double precision 32-bit Pd. To stress it again: double
precision Pd != 64-bit Pd.

> what is unclear, 1. at which stage and 2.how i specify, that i want a double pd to result?
> ./configure ?
> make?

Both are possible!

a) ./configure CPPFLAGS="-DPD_FLOATSIZE=64"

(for all subsequent calls to "make")

b) make CPPFLAGS="-DPD_FLOATSIZE=64"

(only for this call to "make")

Looks like these instructions are still missing in the INSTALL.txt...

Christof