[PD] paths on Catalina? problems with list-abs from deken

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Jun 1 22:09:29 CEST 2020

If I understand the issue correctly, this is to be expected.
To be able to load abstractions or one-binary-per-object externals you
have the choice of
a) adding the path to it to the paths preferences of your Pd
installation globally
b) declare the path to it in the patch you are using it in with [declare
-path list-abs]. It assumes that the root folder for all your externals
(~/Documents/Pd/externals/) is defined in the global paths preferences
and will append the list-abs folder to that and search for the object or
abstraction in there.

Option b) is the newer possibility and has the advantages that you don't
have to load all the possible externals at startup and that your patch
becomes more portable.

m.