[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.51-0test2 for Macontosh - another try at code signing

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 06:45:19 CEST 2020

Em sáb., 30 de mai. de 2020 às 17:54, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> The main difference between the builds is that mine was made on a much
> newer system. I was hoping that Miller's 10.6 build system would be able
> sign the app bundles well enough but maybe not. Let's find out.
>
> Can y'all can try either of the signed 0.5.1-0-test0 builds here?
>
> http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/0.51/

Hi, I tried both Pd-0.51.0-test0-signed-adhoc
& Pd-0.51.0-test0-signed-wilcox, I also tried Pd-0.50-2-signed that I found
in there...

I got the same annoying increase in load time when creating externals. The
same from Pd 0.51-0-test2

Anyway, I now realize this happens when you first load an external. If you
try loading it a next time, it doesn't take long anymore... and this can be
in a different version of Pd (and I caught that cause I had FOUR test
versions, haha), meaning, if you first opened the external in a Pd version,
you can try the same one for the first time on the other version and it
doesn't take long.

By the way, deletong the external libraries and downloading the same one
again from deken makes Pd take some time again to load it for the first
time.

Well, this seems like a damn annoyance from Catalina. It just bothers me a
lot, maybe it doesn't make other people burst into agony like I do...

So I don't really know if Pd 0.51-0 test 2 was really signed or not, it
doesn't seem I'm experiencing issues related to Pd being signed or not...

I tried externals from the ELSE and Cyclone library, namely cyclone/scope~
and else/allpass.filt~ - maybe you people can test to see if you get that
too... the load time is not even a second, but feels like an eternity for
anxious souls like mine.

Cheers