[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.51-0test3 released (now on all platforms)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 07:17:05 CEST 2020

Ok, tried it in Catalina. Same increase in load time when first loading
externals, but this is life now for macOS I guess... nothing to do with
signing issues.

Anyway, before releasing the final version, please consider these
documentation issues. First, I already mentioned this one
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/744 it's just changing ONE word
to better depict the actual change. And, as long as we're at it, you may
also consider mentioning the change to the number box in the release notes
of 0.51!

Also, there are still more manual/html documentation updates waiting in
line, see https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/720 - Lucas can talk
more about that one.

Now, as for a last minute request, out of almost 100 waiting in line, I was
hoping to get your attention to at least one request, and I feel
comfortable about it because it's really a no brainer, and I kinda need it
to release an update of cyclone - see
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/899 - basically, I was hoping
Pd could ship Deja Vu Sans mono in full, cause I wanna use it as the
default font for cyclone/comment, which also allows you to load italic and
italic+bold. It turns out I can't just ship fonts as part of cyclone
myself, so I needed Pd to ship that for me.

Cheers