[PD] Pass arg to Pd via terminal

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Mon Jun 8 21:46:24 CEST 2020

> this breaks th eexpectations of cmdline processing (a separation between
> options with arguments (e.g. '-a "1 2 3"') and 'just arguments"
> ("patch1.pd patch2.pd").
Agreed.
> or should it be the other way round?
>> pd -args 'foo bar' -open "patch1.pd" -open "patch2.pd"
I tend to agree. It's also easier to parse.

> it has the advantage that you can pass the same arguments to multiple
> (or all) patches.
> it also makes it quite easy to keep compatibility with the "the rest of
> the arguments are files" paradigm:
>> pd -args 24 foo.pd bar.pd

Ugh... stateful command line options are ugly. What if you *don't* want
to pass the arguments to subsequent patch files? I'd rather restrict the
'-args' option to a single patch. But I'm not sure how to properly apply
this to patch files provided as "just arguments". Maybe only allow it
for patches opened with "-open"?

Christof