[PD] how to load a different font in Pd via sartup?

matthew brandi mfbrandi at outlook.com
Wed Jun 10 13:23:58 CEST 2020

On 10/06/2020 01:38, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to use '-font-face <name>' to load a different font for Pd and it
> doesn't seem to work. It seems also I can't put font names with spaces, like
> "DejaVu Sans Mono",  I thought this was a bug that got fixed but couldn't test it.

Dear Alex

I started pd with:

    pd -font-face "IBM Plex Mono"

That seemed to work. See screenshot attached showing a comment in a pd window and an
example of the font (in a font manager). Defaults to bold, but that is expected, right?

Is that what is not working for you?

I am on Ubuntu 20.04 and using pd 0.50.2 (built from source).

Best

matthew brandi