[PD] Gem 0.94 on Windows ? ...

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Tue Jun 16 14:52:30 CEST 2020

Hi, dear List !

Is anybody here succesfully using Gem 0.94 on Windows ?
I mean complete with image and video support ?

Since Gem 0.94, i was not able to run any image or videos anymore (it
used to work fine with 0.93)

My setup is: PD 0.51 (64bit) / Gem 0.94 (64bit) / Windows 7 (64bit)

In an attempt to monitor error messages according to IOhannes'
suggestions, i think that the most important errors i get are those:

GEM: load plugins 'film' in 'C:/Program Files/Pd/extra/Gem/'
GEM: pattern : C:/Program Files/Pd/extra/Gem/gem_film*.dll
GEM: dylib loading file 'C:/Program Files/Pd/extra/Gem/gem_filmAVI.dll'!
GEM: GemDylib failed: #87: The parameter is incorrect.
GEM: GemDylib throwing: DLLerror(0x57)The parameter is incorrect.
GEM: library loading returned: DLLerror(0x57)The parameter is incorrect.
GEM: dylib loading file 'C:/Program Files/Pd/extra/Gem/gem_filmDS.dll'!
GEM: GemDylib failed: #87: The parameter is incorrect.
GEM: GemDylib throwing: DLLerror(0x57)The parameter is incorrect.
GEM: library loading returned: DLLerror(0x57)The parameter is incorrect.

and so on ...

Gem tries to load all .dll files from its directory and fails with "#87:
The parameter is incorrect." and "DLLerror(0x57)The parameter is
incorrect."

Maybe it's my old Windows 7 that is not supported ? ...
In LINUX/Debian 10 everything works fine ! (can't test OSX atm, sorry)

Thanks for any suggestions or reports !

Best

Oliver