[PD] Gem 0.94 on Windows ? ...

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Jun 17 22:22:32 CEST 2020

Hi,

Gem 0.94 works fine for me on Windows 7 (with Pd 0.51 64-bit). I can
load images and videos and use my webcam. This is the output of the Pd
console:

GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia

GEM: ver: 0.94.git v0.94

GEM: image loading plugins: magick SGI STB jpeg tiff

GEM: film loading plugins: DirectShow

GEM: image saving plugins: SGI STB jpeg magick tiff

GEM: model loading plugins: ASSIMP3 OBJ

GEM: video capture plugins: VIDS decklink vnc

> What kind of video codecs (if any) do you have installed on your system ?
I don't think this matters. In your case Gem fails to load its own
plugins for whatever reason...

Googling "loadlibrary failed with error 87" suggests that this might a
problem with the graphic card driver:
https://community.amd.com/thread/192603. Dunno...

Christof