[PD] Gem 0.94 on Windows ? ...

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Thu Jun 18 23:45:50 CEST 2020

Lucas Cordiviola wrote:
> On 6/18/2020 3:46 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>> installing the "k-lite codec pack" should fix this...)
>
> Tested on Win10 and it works fine.

Hi, meanwhile i did tests on various machines (laptops and workstations)

Here are quick results (PD 0.51 / Gem 0.94):

No Win 7 machine could produce images nor video
(ffdshow codecs were installed)

On all Win 10 machines, images did work.
On all Win 10 machines, videos could be loaded but would freeze PD
immediately (ffdshow codecs were installed, didn't try k-lite codecs)

here's my last error report (opened pix_film helppatch and loaded
homer.avi):

http://klingt.org/fileservice/downloads/03113521159251667730-oliver_GEM_094_Win10_log.zip

@Lucas: concerning your last report: did the video help patch REALLY
work or did it just not throw error messages when you opened it ? what
are your specs ?

@Christof: you seem to be the only one getting Gem 0.94 to work under
Windows 7. What are your specs ?

(I followed your hint about the errors being related to graphic card
issues, but that was purely AMD related - i have an intel/nvidia hybrid.
but then i even tried my tests with dedicated graphic cards (set in
BIOS) as well - no difference)

I would like to ask my initial question again:

Is anybody on this list successfully using Gem for works with videos
under Windows ?
If so, what are your specs (OS version, Machine, graphics card, codec
pack) ?

Thanks for your kind support

Oliver