[PD] Gem 0.94 on Windows ? ...

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Tue Jun 23 00:33:01 CEST 2020

> If you want to try it out, put mpv folder into
> c:\users\<yourUserName>\appData\Roaming\pd\ then add this path into pd
> preferences and load mpv-help.pd patch.
>
> Almost all video files should work, even 4k, but I couldn't make youtube
> streaming work again.

Hi, thanks a lot for your efforts !

Just tried your package. Unfortunately on my machine it fails with lots
of "GL[1282]: invalid operation" error messages and the eventual pd crash.

Apart from that, i think that Gem should work on all systems without
having to install anything besides it (safe for codecs), let alone
selfcompiled .dlls

But, as i said: it's most likely a combination of my special machine (or
graphic card) and the fact that i'm still on W7, as others don't seem to
have that problem

Best

Oliver