[PD] How to establish a data channel beside Audio Over Osc (was : [PD-announce] AoO (audio over OSC) v2.0-pre2)

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Tue Jun 23 13:56:06 CEST 2020

I should stress that this is only necessary if the remote Pd instances
are in different networks connected over the internet, so the peers
don't know each others public IPs and ports (unless they enable port
forwarding). If you're all in the same private network, you can simply
use a [netsend]/[netreceive] on another port.

Christof

On 23.06.2020 13:52, Christof Ressi wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I need a data channel in order to transmit control rate messages
>> betwwen the two pd instances.
> I'm already planning a feature where you can use [aoo_client] to
> send/broadcast arbitrary OSC messages to peers. I can ping you once it
> is available on the develop branch.
>
> In the meantime, there are alternatives such as netpd which have been
> specifically built for such purposes.
>
> Christof
>
> On 23.06.2020 13:26, Jean-Yves Gratius wrote:
>> Great project ! many thanks.
>>
>> I have a side question : How could I communicate between two remote
>> instances of Pd using AOO ?
>> Beyond audio channels, I need a data channel in order to transmit
>> control rate messages betwwen the two pd instances.
>> Shoud I use netsend and netreceive on the same udp channel with a
>> specific selector ?
>>
>> Jean-Yves Gratius
>>
>> On 23/06/2020 01:08, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>>> Subject:
>>> [PD] [PD-announce] AoO (audio over OSC) v2.0-pre2