[PD] tcpserver, flush?

rolfm at dds.nl rolfm at dds.nl
Tue Jun 23 22:04:01 CEST 2020

it took me some time but here's what i found out:

(i could only work with the mrpeach library on deken which is the one
from extended ).

the tests were with 3 clients:
NodeMCU (Wifi ESP8266), Arduino Wifi Rev2 (Wifi NINA), old macbook (Pd
tcpclient).

laptop Windows 10 Pd-50.0 :
[metro 20] [message of 25 bytes( - SLIPENC - broadcast - tcpserver
(iemnet or mrpeach).

for the Node and the Arduino there's not a real difference between
mrpeach or iemnet.
both clients report getting a burst every 240msec average, so mostly 12
messages in one go.

the pd-client on the macbook reports for iemnet 63-77% messages arriving
in 20msec after the one before, the rest in bursts.
the scores for mrpeach were varying more, from 75% to a low of 40%.
(but i did not test for days on end, so it's nothing more than an
educated impression).

  i guess the difference between the Pd-client and the others is due to
the specific Wifi libraries.

the outcome of these tests si that tcpserver is not suitable for my
installation(s).

thanks everyone for your contributions in this thread.

rolf