[PD] deken re-detects platform on rpi4

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 13 19:37:29 CEST 2020

Am 13. August 2020 18:42:29 MESZ schrieb Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com>:
> I got a bug report where a user told me he can't find my library on
> Deken. It was the same issue you've described! I didn't have the time
> back then to further investigate and forgot about it. Maybe file a bug
>
> report at the Deken repo: https://github.com/pure-data/deken.

there already is an open bug report about this.
the problem is, that we (that is Pd) don't do any runtime detection of the CPU capabilities but instead do the architecture detection at compile time.
and the Pd binaries are compiled for armv6.

in the meantime, the only solution is to compile externals that are to be distributed via deken ad armv6.

or use a Pd that has been compiled for armv7 explicitly. ( though that might not actually work in practice).

a while ago there was a thread on this list, whether armv7 vs armv6 would actually make much of a difference, but AFAIK nobody did any benchmarks.

mfg.hft.fsl
IOhannes