[PD] 0.51-1-test1 issues

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 20:04:11 CEST 2020

Em qui., 13 de ago. de 2020 às 09:44, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Howdy all,
>
> I don't use dark mode, so I never noticed this personally. I'm surprised
> it hasn't come up before

but why would it, is this an issue for 0.51-0? I tested here and it's all
fine, and. also don't have that issue for 0.51-1 - or is this an issue only
for catalina and the upcoming big sur? Just to be clear, as I'm sure you're
right on spot

A proper implementation of this would involve having light and dark color
> schemes for Pd and possibly the GUI while updating Tk to use the non-color
> specific tint defaults and handle the color mode change Cocoa events, if it
> doesn't already do so.
>
> I will add a bug fix PR which sets this automatically when you start the
> GUI, as with a couple of other settings which Pd needs by default. I
> honestly do not have the time to dig any further into this, ie. full dark
> mode support.

there's also this oldest feature PR on github
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/196 which opens the door to
setting user defined color schemes and plugins for it. I think it is ready
to go. With this one merged, I imagine it wouldn't  be hard to have a
setting inside Pd to change/switch modes, and we could have some hardcoded
ones, such as "regular", "dark", "Pd extended-like"