[PD] Advice on creating an external object for controlling a DAC breakout board

Alexandros adrcki at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:15:04 CEST 2020

I want to create an external object to control a quad DAC board with a
Raspberry Pi, namely this
<https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mcp4728-i2c-quad-dac> one. As the
object should run at signal rate, I'm confused as to how I should
control the rate of values sent to the DAC.

Since all signal objects in Pd work on DSP ticks, processing as many
samples as the block size as fast as possible, how should I go about
sending values to the DAC on a one-sample based clock? Is resampling the
way to go? If so, how can this be done? I'm checking the source files,
specifically d_dac.c and m_pd.h, but can't make much out of it. My C
skills are very limited, hence all the questions above...