[PD] Advice on creating an external object for controlling a DAC breakout board

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 21:02:51 CEST 2020

Hi Alexandros,
I made an external  [pii2c] which should be available via deken along
with the source code. You could use that to talk to the dacs, but not
at signal rate. What you want is already done by any 4-channel USB
audio interface for much less hassle, and better resolution with [dac~
1 2 3 4]. The 4-DAC board could be used to provide control voltages
for an analog synth or something like that at control rate (once per
64-sample block).

Martin