[PD] [PD-dev] REQUEST: Passed parameters into subpatch

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sun Aug 16 04:15:48 CEST 2020

Ah, sorry I terribly misread your question! Ignore my last mail :-/

Passing arguments to subpatches is currently not possible. Generally,
how would you distinguish between abstraction creation arguments and
subpatch arguments? $1, $2, $3, inside a subpatch already refer to the
enclosing abstraction's creation arguments. This means you would need a
dedicated syntax (or a dedicated object) to access subpatch creation
arguments. I don't see this happening, to be honest.

I'd say, if you need creation arguments, just use an abstraction ;-)

Christof

PS: internally, subpatches don't really have creation arguments at all.
Instead they have a pointer to the canvas environment of the enclosing
abstraction or root canvas.