[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.51-1 released

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sun Aug 16 13:14:40 CEST 2020

I once made an external which does the same thing
(https://git.iem.at/ressi/batchrecord) and it's cool that the same thing
is now possible in the core!

My use case was that I had a patch which either produced some generative
music or processed some soundfile and I wanted to record N seconds as
fast as possible. It's basically like the render function in a DAW
(usually you don't have to start the DAW from the command line to render
your project :-).

But I agree that this needs to documented. Generally, there should be a
section to document all (public) Pd messages, like [pd dsp(, [pd quit(,
etc. (What can be considered "public"?)

Also [r pd-dsp-started] and [r pd-dsp-stopped], which most people don't
know about, I guess.

Christof