[PD] [PD-dev] REQUEST: Passed parameters into subpatch

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Mon Aug 17 12:55:44 CEST 2020

> I always structure my patches as xxxpatch.pd, and all abstractions in
> a folder, so that all abstractions can be called as [pp/xxx]. Then
> there's only one pd file in the main project folder, everything else
> is tucked away. Also very easy to zip together.
+1

Personally, I always have a "main.pd" and all abstractions in an "abs"
subfolder. "main.pd" has a [declare -path abs], so I don't need to
prepend the folder all the time. This way I can easily rename/move the
abstraction folder and I only have to modify the [declare].

Both methods achieve the same thing, it's just a matter of taste.

Anyway, the takeaway is that the "proper" way of shipping a Pd project
is to have a single main patch and all abstractions (and other
resources) in subfolders.

---

> Is it worth it to re-invent a pd-zip format when zip already exists
> and is ubiquitous?
To answer this rhetoric question: of course not! :-)

Christof