[PD] New "fast-forward" message

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Mon Aug 17 18:17:45 CEST 2020

> Like if it is possible to do all these audio computations without the
> 'dsp' on?
No, it's not possible because "fast-forward" acts globally. It
effectively makes the scheduler run as fast as possible for a given
amount of time.  This affects both DSP computation and clock timeouts!

If your audio computation is pure DSP (i.e. no messages), you can
"render" it by repeatedly banging the [switch~] object at any rate you
like. Global DSP still has to be on, but the canvas would be switched off.

Christof