[PD] deken and pd -noprefs

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 24 16:16:24 CEST 2020

On 24.08.20 15:16, cyrille henry wrote:
> Hello,
> Is it the desired behaviours that deken did not find externals when used
> with "pd -noprefs" ?
> It look like deken propose only already downloaded externals, but not
> the one on the server.

hmm, that would be weird as deken does not keep track of installed
externals.

> I suppose a part of deken is not loaded when pd is started with -noprefs
> flag, but is that really what we want?

hmm, that would be weird as well.
i'm not aware of any deken component that would interact with "-noprefs"
(actually i think that deken - being run only on the GUI-side)
completely ignores the "-noprefs" flag, for good or bad)

could you post a complete search-string and the desired and actual
result (which externals are you searching; which results to you get;
which results did you expect?) ...1

> (if not, I'll fill a bug report)

...either here on the list or in new bugreport.

gfsdmar
IOhannes