[PD] deken and pd -noprefs

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Aug 25 10:35:39 CEST 2020

Thanks for your mail. I do use pd 0.50.0, but you are right: it's not the same deken version with or without the -noprefs flag.

the old deken plugin was in ~/pd-externals
the new was in ~/Document/pd/externals
I removed the old plugin, now pd find the new one with or without the -noprefs flag.

I was not aware that ~/pd-externals was a default search path even if it's not listed in the preference dialogue and that this path was used even with -noprefs.

There is still something strange : When using pd -noprefs now that I remove the old deken, pd can still find the new deken, so ~/Document/pd/externals is still in the search path. Since this 2 paths are searched with the -noprefs flag, why did the new plugin did not overwrite the old one, just like without this flag?

Anyway, it's working now.

thanks for your help
cheers