[PD] [PD-announce] jmmmp library Version 0.60 - [jp.coll]

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:04:02 CEST 2020

> João, you say it can't "embed" and save contents with the patch, but
> [text] allows you to do so with the "-k" flag, why don't you use it?

[text define] is the base for [jp.coll], and it has to be created
dynamically at startup. also, apparently the contents are saved with the pd
file in a line such as "#A set this is a message \; this is another 1 ...
\;;" From what I tested this is saved with the patch where [text define]
resides, which in this case it's the abstraction and not in the main patch.
This would need to be changed in Pd's workings so that -k contents are
saved on the main patch file.

> You also have not implemented assoc and deassoc, I'm thinking about that.
>
> coll saves the text separating with a comma the index and the
> actual message. You can also do that with [text] and if you do so you could
> potentially use it to define and detect an address, and have something else
> associated with it - I hope you know what I mean and that I'm not too
> confused.

this is the main reason why I didn't name it [jmmmp/coll] but
[jmmmp/jp.coll]. Adding commas to a [text] messes up the number of lines -
can be seen already in the help of [text get]. Now I remembered I could put
the commas back in, and do an internal conversion for the line number. If
this works, it would allow for assoc/deassoc, and make both coll versions
practically compatible (except for missing features).

Btw all (?) jmmmp objects are dependent on other jmmmp objects - mostly
[f+]. Some of them have to rely on other libraries as well, but usually
it's better to have the whole jmmmp together.

Joao